Just once a year, we focus on encouraging a generous response to God's generosity by encouraging everyone at St Mary's to join the Planned Giving Scheme. It's an honest way of saying that all that we do relies the generous support of donors. And most of our income comes from the giving of ordinary church people who give money as part of their Christian discipleship. We are very grateful indeed to everyone who gives to support the work of our church.
Exciting things are already happening at St Mary's.
Our growing church is doing more to share in God's mission and to make a difference in the world. Regular planned giving from our church members is the biggest part of our income. But although our church is growing, income from donors actually fell by £14,000 in 2014.
The challenge for 2015 is to close that gap so we can continue to invest in:
- Our work with young people, in church and at St Mary's School.
- Open Church, enabling the people of Islington to use their church.
- Supporting mission partners overseas and vital UK charities.
- Doing important work to our buildings.
- Music ministry, to enrich our worship.
- Soul in the City neighbourhood festival.
What we're asking regular worshippers to do now
Make sure you pick up one of the 2015 Planned Giving Campaign leaflets in church. They explain more about what's involved and give suggestions about the way you may approach your giving. If you can't get to church, get in touch by email or phone and we'll send you the leaflet.