Banns of marriage

We're glad to help couples who are marrying at another church who need their banns of marriage published at St Mary's.

Banns are one of the legal preliminaries to marriage. You should first talk with the vicar of the parish in which you want to marry. He or she will let you know if banns are needed.

Next, check that you live in our parish. Use the parish map on our website or the A Church Near You website.

Then give us a call and we'll ask you to meet with us and fill in the necessary forms.

Banns are usually published at the eleven o'clock service on the first three Sundays of the month before the month of your wedding. For example, for a wedding on 26 October, we would publish banns on the first three Sundays in August.

The fee for publishing banns and issuing a certificate is set by the Church of England. In 2015, it is£41. You can pay:

  • by cheque (to "ST MARY ISLINGTON PCC")
  • by cash at the church office
  • by bank transfer (ST MARY ISLINGTON PCC Sort code 20-44-86 Account 20821691. Please include your name as a reference.)
  • online using Paypal, credit card or debit card by clicking the Buy Now button below.

Card Payments and Paypal Payments

Your name