Our annual retreat - The Big Silence - is a weekend to take time, rest and restore your soul. We'll be returning to the Domus Mariae Convent for rest, refreshment, quiet prayer and peace in comfortable surroundings.
Comments from people who've enjoyed The Big Silence before:
- "I loved every second of the weekend! The silence is so rewarding and amazing. I look forward to it every year it: a time when I can communicate with God on another level."
- "Coming back to busy, noisy Islington after a reflective break like this reinforces how much it is needed, and how difficult it is to carve out a space for silence in our everyday life."
- "I count the weekend as one of my blessings for the year."
- "I really enjoyed the weekend and not only do I have very good memories but I achieved my goal to slow down a bit."
- "The experience is indescribable. I wish more of us could appreciate this unique experience. I look forward to the silence weekend in 2014 already.”
Jesus says to each of us, "Come away to a quiet place and rest a while." (Mark 6.31).